I haven't shown much interest in blogs before now, mainly because I'm just not that interested in what strangers have to say about themselves or their opinions (think talk back radio). But deciding to broaden my horizons, I have found some interesting blogs which relate to both career interests and some fun stuff.
Web2.0h...Really? http://2ohreally.com/ A Skeptical Look at Emerging Web Technologies, by Craig Stoltz - I find this blog interesting as it offers an (apparently) balanced opinion without hype. It has also helped aid understanding of unfamiliar web 2.0 concepts (providing of course he has written about them).
The following 2 blogs have no real link to Life Long Learning - but they appeal to me.
PostSecret http://postsecret.blogspot.com/ - began in 2005 as a community art project, whereby ordinary people anonymously (snail) mail a handmade postcard on which is written a secret - select ones are then posted to the blog. Unfortunately there is no archive on the blog, but Wikipedia have an entry on PostSecret - so if you are interested there are instructions there about accessing the other >2500 images/secrets. The blog has also led to books and exhibits.
Indexed http://thisisindexed.com/ - "This site is a little project that lets me make fun of some things and sense of others. I use it to think a little more relationally without resorting to doing actual math." [quoted from the Blog] - an amusing visual blog using ven diagrams and other 'mathematical' tools to map relationships between things and concepts
I enjoy the blogs which use visuals for their main message - I can see why PostSecret for example has so many followers. I think this style of blog could be further exploited in a Library setting - particularly as a community collaboration project.
No comments:
Post a Comment